Monday, September 3, 2012

ZZ TOP - La Futura (2012)

ZZ TOP - La Futura (2012)

*

After nearly a decade's wait, fans of 'that little ole’ band from Texas' called ZZ TOP will be rewarded on September 11 with the trio's 15th album, "La Futura".
The new ten-song record was co-produced by Rick Rubin and the band's ever-so-stylish guitarist and singer Billy Gibbons.

Regular visitors of this site may have already read my review of the 'Texicali EP' last June. Well, my opinion hasn't changed much with the full CD "La Futura".
Regarded by the band as the album destined to recapture their original, seminal, vintage sound, I don't think that was accomplished here. I love ZZ Top's seventies direct-to-the-amp sound, but this has nothing to do with it.
There's some moments where the magic outcrops, as on the catchy "Big Shiny Nine" and the cool "Flyin' High", but in my humble opinion, this 'kind' of production ruins the things for the most part.
The cover of the Gillian Welch / David Rawlings tune "It's Too Easy Mañana" is plain awful.

Maybe I should "Have A Little Mercy" with this new album, but it leaves me with the sensation of "I Gotsta Get Paid"... back.
Judge yourselves.


01 - I Gotsta Get Paid
02 - Chartreuse
03 - Consumption
04 - Over You
05 - Heartache In Blue
06 - I Don't Wanna Lose, Lose, You
07 - Flyin' High
08 - It s Too Easy Mañana
09 - Big Shiny Nine
10 - Have A Little Mercy


Billy Gibbons: guitar and vocals
Dusty Hill: bass and vocals
Frank Beard: drums



BUY IT !
www.amazon.com/La-Futura-ZZ-Top/dp/B008PE9GSA

0 comments:

hit counter
Unique Visitors
View My Stats

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP