Friday, June 8, 2012

ZZ TOP - Texicali EP (2012)

ZZ TOP - Texicali EP (2012)

*

As a tease for their first album of original material in nine years, ZZ TOP are releasing the EP "Texicali".
During that recording break ZZ Top was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, toured tirelessly to a now-cross-generational audience and teamed up with producer Rick Rubin to make a new album.

Musically, "Texicali EP" is as stripped down and snarling as the band songwriting since 'Rhythmeen' 16 years ago, with some of the tagline hookiness that made it so successful in the '80s.
But let me tell you, I don't understand this release.
I mean, I don't understand this sound / production. These tracks have a demo quality audio, with a raw sound, awful mix and even hiss noises like a bad analog recording.

If this is the 'vintage sound' the band has stated to recapture, I'm out...
I love ZZ Top's seventies direct-to-the-amp sound, but this has nothing to do with it. Rick Rubin has been responsible for ruining many classic bands in the past, and this is another example. But the band had to approve this recording / release, then it seems to be what they want now.
So I repeat; I don't understand this move.
Judge yourselves.


01 - I Gotsta Get Paid
02 - Chartreuse
03 - Consumption
04 - Over You

Billy F. Gibbons - Vocals, Guitar
Dusty Hill - Bass
Frank Beard - Drums



BUY IT !
itunes.apple.com/us/album/texicali-ep/id533278845

0 comments:

hit counter
Unique Visitors
View My Stats

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP